Traditional, crispy, juice, saffron hued Indian sweet made from fermented batter of wheat flour & lentil. The batter is extruded in pretzel like shape, deep-fried and dipped in sugar syrup for few seconds. Jilebies are traditionally enjoyed in India as breakfast with glass of milk.
Makes 25 jilebis of approx 12g each.
1. Sieve the contents of pack and mix with 125ml (4 fl.oz) water,and stir into smooth batter.
2. Pour into Gits Jalebi Maker or a thick cloth with small hole.
3. Heat 250g of edible oil or Ghee into a shallow pan. Hold nozzle of the maker just above the surface of the oil, and squeeze to make circles with the batter, starting from the centre and sealing the end in the last half round.
4. Deep fry on a medium heat till crispy and golden.
5. Immerse jilebis in warm sugar syrup for 20 seconds. Serve hot or cold.
Ingredients : Wheat flour, Lentil flour, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Raising agents (sodium bicarbonate, citric acid), Natural colour E160(B), permitted anti-oxidants E320.
Product of India. Suitable for vegetarians. No artificial colours or flavours, no preservatives, contains gluten.
Weight : -1